Thursday, September 4, 2014

A tribute to Autumn

Hello Autumn! Where did you hide Summer?
[Apologies for my long blogging absence, I'm currently on really strong antibiotics and all my foggy mind was able to do the last few days was tweeting or watching tv. Seriously, why do I have to get every possible illness all at once in the beginning of Autumn?]



I mean, actually it's still Summer. But here in Vienna it's been rainy and cloudy for days, with temperatures being really low. So I consider that Autumn is already here. I like Autumn. It brings the best colors to the leaves of trees and the wellies on your feet. The hot chocolate on the way to work or Uni. Fall fashion. Comfy coats, boots and scarfs. Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte.



What else do I like about Autumn?
I love Halloween. Reading in bed. Having a hot bath while it's raining. Drink some hot tea or strong coffee. Take a walk. Cuddle with your beloved one. Go to a museum. Dance at your favorite artist's concert. Watch new episodes of your favorite TV show. Make a soup. Take out your wellies and dance in the rain puddles. Making mood boards in the middle of your bed while in your pj's. Go to your favorite coffee shop with your friends. Sign up to a new sports class. Learn a new craft. Enjoy the smell and sound of Autumn in a park or a wood. Cranberry granola. And so much more :)

If all of those ideas don't help and the Autumn blues still gets me down, I just remember what Albert Camus said: "Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower." Another day, another try.

What do you love about Autumn?


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner