Saturday, November 8, 2014

1989 Ask Anything Meme




The 1989 inspired "Ask Anything" meme.
  • Welcome to New York: If you could live any city, where would it be and why?

    I would love to live in Melbourne or London for a while. I love the easy going and sunny side-up feeling in Melbourne, but I also am obsessed with London's art galleries, music and food culture.
  • Blank Space: What's something that everyone thinks is true about you but is actually false?
    Everyone thinks I am from Germany when they hear me talking German, but I am actually from Austria. I don't have an accent in my german, so I basically speak a standard version and that's misleading to a lot of people.
  • Style: What's one item in your closet that makes you feel unstoppable?
    My favorite high heels. Which is a contradiction to itself, because I am a boots&sneakers kind of person. I usually wear them for special occasions like a night out or a concert in the city. The funny thing is that I almost didn't find them when I was shopping. I was surprised that they were real leather shoes and they were from an Italian brand, which I think isn't sold in Austria anymore. I think I will wear those shoes until they fall apart, literally. Then I might think about repairing them. That's how much I like them.
Denissa Levou on we heart it
  • Out of the Woods: What's one thing you're afraid of?
    Heights. I have been to a crag with my boyfriend last year and at the end of the whole parcour you had to do a "flying fox", which means that you are basically only hanging on a rope with a security rope attached to your climbing harness. Did I scream? You bet!
  • All You Had To Do Was Stay: Whose someone you wish was still in your life?
    The Swedish musician boys from Borlänge I met over the years when I was assisting in tour organization stuff. You can't keep in touch with them and it doesn't mean anything, but I miss them a lot sometimes.
  • Shake It Off: What's something you've had to shake off?
    The thought of not being perfect in my studies. I had to learn that it's okay to get average grades and that it's not the end of the world if you have to repeat an exam. I put way too much pressure on myself when I was younger.
  • I Wish You Would: What's something you'd like to happen right now?
    Going to a nice brunch with my friends. Or, in a bigger way, finding a job which actually has something to do with my studies.
  • Bad Blood: Have you ever had someone stab you in the back?
    Not in an obvious way. Rather "a stab in the back behind my back". A close friend of mine was talking bad about me to other people and I got to know it through somebody else. Classic high school drama.
  • Wildest Dreams: What would you like to be remembered for?
    My nature. My writing. My ability to listen and talk to people, even if they are at their worst.
  • How You Get the Girl: What's your favorite pick up line?
    I don't give a damn about pick up lines. I think they are only a made up gimmick for filling movie scenes with something audible. There's nothing better than I nice "Hello, how are you? Can I buy you a drink?"
  • This Love: What's something you got back that you never thought you would?
    I don't have an answer to this one, unfortunately. I usually lend things to other people and then I never see them again (the things, not the people).
  • I Know Places: Where's one place you always feel safe?
    At the sea. In the arms of my favorite person. In the bathtub.
  • Clean: What's an important lesson you learned in life and how did you learn it?
    Girls are brought up way too sheltered. We get told to shut up, to obey the rules, to listen to other people and to not voice our own opinion or follow our own path. That's nonsense. You have to stop doubting yourself. You have to listen to your inner voice. You have to follow your own interests. You have to stand up for yourself and put forward your opinion, even if it might be an unpopular one.
    This is all old-wise speech or something, but I learned this in the long run. Besides, one thing I also remember: life is not only a collection of good times. The bad times belong to it. Without them, you wouldn't notice the good ones as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner