Sunday, July 13, 2014

My favorite TV shows of the 90's

Lately I've had a crush-in with reruns of my favorite TV series and I will try to break them down quickly. Oh, sweet 90's nostalgia! Here we go:

  • As far as I can remember, my first ever "loved" TV series was Felicity.
 This show ran for four seasons and is one of the most realistic shows about growing up & University life. The main character, Felicity (played by Kerri Russel) is so funny and relatable. If you have never seen it, I'd recommend it for a rainy afternoon, it will brighten your mood in a second! :)



  • One of the biggest (in terms of watched reruns) influences on my teen years had Dawson's Creek.
    I absolutely disliked Dawson, but I was in awe of the other characters: especially Pacey (Joshua Jackson), Joey (Katie Holmes), Jen (Michelle Williams), Jack (Kerr Smith) and Audrey (Busy Phillips).

    This show had a good balance of  comedy, drama and a great soundtrack. The main character and main protagnoist, Dawson Leery, was obsessed with movies and platonically sharing his bed with the girl down the creek - hence it's name.
    The whole series was filmed in Wilmington, North Carolina and captured beautiful landscapes.
    The Seattle Times declared it the best show of the 1997-1998 season and I must agree. Still have all the box sets in my DVD collection and like watching them if I can't sleep in the middle of the night.
  • Ally Mc'BealProbably the most neurotic and funny lawyer on the screens in the 90's. Also, Lucy Liu played an amazing counterpart role :) She worked in a law firm with really funny toilet run-ins. If you don't know what I mean, go on, watch it! It's worth it!


  • My biggest obsession after Dawson's Creek was Charmed.
    The three witches (Piper, Prue and Phoebe plus later on, Paige), who had different magic powers and fighted various demons and bad guys. I remember that I was so sad when Prue died. I didn't like Page as much and didn't watch a lot after the 5th season. Overall, it's one of the best magic related tv series one can watch!
    If I could have one of the magical powers of the sisters', it would be Prue's Telekinesis: to move objects with your thoughts. That would be quite handy, wouldn't it! ;) Which one would you pick? Who was your favorite sister?


    Now I'm curious about you: Which was your favorite TV shows in the 90's?
    Let me know in the comments down below! :)

    (P.S.: Good luck Argentina, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you tonight!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner